Each Tuesday, Fancy Plants Catering delivers creative and delicious meal plans to the northside of Chicago.
Delivery happens between Noon and 3:00, or between 6:00 and 9:00 pm based on your preferences.
OR, you can pick up your order at Kitchen 17 during normal business hours on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Each delivery is 3 entrees, 2 sides, a dessert, and a pantry staple with a recipe on how we made it, as well as a recipe on how to use it, all for $75.
Our meals are generous, and we keep with the changing of the seasons, bringing you excellent plant based cuisine, as well as some good pantry staples and recipes to supplement your own cooking.
We’re very excited to focus on bringing Chicago great vegan meals to help you through your week.
Inquiries can be made here, and we hope to feed you soon!
Chef, Fancy Plants Catering
Vegan Meal Plan/Delivery Service: Tuesday April 17
We’re offering 3 entrees, 2 sides, dessert, a pantry staple, and couple recipes, all for $75. Every week has a gluten free option too! Just make the request when you order.
If you’re interested in Tuesday delivery, let us know by Sunday at 11 pm, and we’ll send you a confirmation email in short time!
We’ll tell you all the details you need to order at the very end of this email, but first, here’s the menu for this week:
1) Buckwheat Noodle Ramen- This is a ramen version that will use buckwheat noodles, nuka-pickled veggies, charred Tokyo negi, soy-pickled shiitakes, koji-cured carrot, and braised tofu, served with a caramelized onion broth.
2) Smoked Tempeh, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Root Vegetables, Black Garlic Gravy: We braise the tempeh in a rich stock for nearly 2 hours, then smoke it using mesquite wood for nearly 2 hours. It's sliced, and served with a fermented black garlic gravy. Black garlic is fermented at 120 degrees for nearly 2 weeks, and is my favorite ingredient for making a rich gravy.
3) Oyakodon: Traditional Japanese 'chicken and egg' dish, only we'll be using confit trumpet mushrooms, tofu and vegan egg scramble, tamari, mirin wine, scallions, and togarashi over rice.
4) Cucumber Pirikara: A chilled, slightly spicy Japanese cucumber dish using shichimi togarashi, sesame oil, and an unusual Japanese salting technique.
5) Crispy Kabocha Squash Croquettes: Also a very traditional Japanese izakaya dish! Served with a yuzu-kosho aioli.
6) Yuzu and Key Lime Cashew Cheesecake: Made with a toasted walnut crust.
7) Carrot Lox & Cashew Cream Cheese: We bake our carrots whole encrusted in salt, peel them, and cure them for a few days in our blend of oil, vinegar, and spices. Served with our housemade cashew cream cheese on bagels or toast, it's quite the treat for breakfast!
Bonus for People who order before the Weekend:
8) House Fermented Black Garlic: Making black garlic takes 2 weeks, but fortunately, you won't need to wait that long. It also costs $3 a bulb in stores! It's fantastic for adding to many dishes, just try eating a clove (yes, you can eat a whole clove without getting 'garlic breath'), and notice it has a distinct and mild 'molasses' flavor. Spread it on toast, or add it to a soup! It will keep at room temperature for months.
If you are interested in this delivery,
Click the ‘Buy Now’ button at the bottom of the page and tell us:
1) If you have any special dietary restrictions, and
2) If you would like to pick up your order at Kitchen 17, located at 3132 N. Broadway Ave. in Chicago during usual business hours (3:00 – 10:00) on either Tuesday or Wednesday,
If you are in the north side of Chicago, and are available for our Tuesday delivery between Noon and 3:00 pm, or 6:00 and 9:00 pm., leave your name, address, time, and phone number for delivery.
We will get back to you shortly!
The deadline for ordering is by 11:00 pm Sunday evening.
The entire set with delivery is an even $75, and we hope to feed you soon!