Each Monday and Wednesday, Fancy Plants Catering delivers creative and delicious meal plans to Chicago.
Each delivery is 3 entrees, 2 sides, a dessert, and a pantry staple with a recipe on how we made it, as well as a recipe on how to use it, all for $75.
Our meals are generous, and we keep with the changing of the seasons, bringing you excellent plant based cuisine, as well as some good pantry staples and recipes to supplement your own cooking.
We will soon be posting our delivery menus on this website, as well in in our weekly newsletter, which you can sign up for here.
If you are interested in a specific meal (listings coming soon), email us a request including your address, phone number, and number of meal sets in the delivery and we will get back to you shortly.
Our offerings are ever-changing, usually with a gluten free option, and past deliveries have included:
1) Braised Artichoke- With smoked lentils, preserved lemon, bulgur, and Moroccan chermoula sauce.
2) Thai Green Curry- Baked tofu, bell pepper, eggplant, Thai basil, peanuts, and jasmine rice
3) Summer Penne Pasta Salad– Housemade cashew mozzarella, seared summer squash, heirloom tomato, lemon, garlic, basil, and pine nuts.
4) Oyakodon- Traditional Japanese ‘chicken and egg’ dish, only we use confit trumpet mushrooms, tofu and vegan egg scramble, tamari, mirin wine, scallions, and togarashi over rice.
5) Mushroom Sausage Kofta Skewers- With grilled grapes, cilantro sauce, grilled veggies, and orzo.
6) Tamales & Mole- Our yuba (tofu skin) chorizo and cashew cheese filled tamales served with our housemade black mole sauce, avocado salsa verde, cashew sour cream, and served with seasoned black beans.
7) Grilled Oyster Mushroom Gumbo: A classic gumbo featuring meaty grilled oyster mushrooms. We start it with the ‘holy trinity’ of cajun cooking, onions, celery, and bell peppers, add garlic, some seared okra, a long cooked roux, a rich stock, and 8 different herbs and spices. We then top it off with a mix of white, and wild rice, topped with scallions, parsley, and file powder.
8) French White Bean and Vegan Sausage Cassoulet: A classic cassoulet of creamy white beans, house-made vegan sausage, mirepoix, herbs, and plum tomatoes. Topped with herbed bread crumbs and baked to perfection.
9) Charashi (aka sushi bowl): We make well-seasoned sushi rice, and top it off with tomato ‘tuna,’ smoked eggplant, tamari pickled shiitake mushrooms, scallions, fermented green bean, accordion cut cucumber, and kelp caviar. Served with wasabi and pickled ginger.
10) Lasagna with Smoked Lentil Bolognese and Cashew Mozzarella: We make our own noodles, and layer them with a rich tomato sauce, hickory-smoked lentil bolognese, basil, and our housemade meltable cashew mozzarella.
1) Antipasti Salad: We take many of the classic Italian antipasti ingredients, and present them in the form of a nice salad. Marinated cashew mozzarella, kalamata olives, pepperoncini, and smoked onion slices tossed with oregano and red wine vinaigrette, and ready for you to eat on its own or toss with fresh romaine or other salad greens
5) Kimpira Salad: A classic Japanese salad a julienned and wok-seared organic carrots and burdock, seasoned with sesame and mirin wine.
6) Escalivada: Grilled and chilled eggplants, peppers, sweet onions, and endive, topped with an Italian style salsa verde.
8) Grilled Pineapple Cashew Cheesecake
8) Almond Cake with Peach Chutney
8) Chocolate Allspice Mousse with Mint Crema
… and staples to add to your pantry:
7) Hot and Sweet Pepper Jam
7) Shredded Meltable Cashew Cheddar Cheese: Our housemade recipe.
7) Smoked Beet Tartar- Excellent to spread on bread, crackers, or just use as a condiment.
Outside of delivery, we hope to soon have specific drop off destinations, for people who can’t easily take the delivery from 2:00 to 5:00 on Mondays or Wednesdays. Any suggestions of a good business as a drop off location?
Suggest one, and we’ll look into into it! You can message us here.
Plus each person you refer to us, will get you $5 off an order!
Once you refer 5 people, we’ll also give you a free delivery.
We aim to expand this vegan delivery service with the hope that it will grow into Fancy Plants Kitchen, Chicago’s very first farm to table vegan restaurant.
Having a successful meal planning and catering backbone not only reaches more and more eaters with great vegan food, but it also is a healthy financial backbone to help support a full service vegan restaurant.
We’re very excited to focus on bringing Chicago great vegan meals to help you through your week.
Inquiries can be made here, and we hope to feed you soon!
Chef, Fancy Plants Catering