Listen to your mother! Hopefully you do, and you appreciate her enough to take her to a nice feast in her honor. We’re presenting a nice 6 course feast, complete with 2 complimentary glasses of champagne (or a fancy n/a beverage) for your dear sweet ma.
She’d most certainly tell you to eat your vegetables, and there will be many deliciously prepared vegetables to be had.
Jaime Podgorny of Fritz Pastry fame will be creating a wonderful dessert for this meal, and a gluten free meal option is available! That said, here’s the menu for this evening:
1) 2 Free glasses of Champagne for Mom! (or N/A alternative): We will also have beer, wine, and Champagne available for purchase this evening!
2) Blini with Cashew Creme Fraiche and Kelp Caviar: Freshly made buckwheat blini, topped with our cashew creme fraiche, and a bit of kelp caviar and dill.
3) Pecan and Herb Cheese Ball with Housemade Crackers: Did your mom ever serve a ‘cheese ball’ with crackers at a party or holiday gathering? Mine didn’t, but I hear it’s a thing, and we do love to make vegan cheeses! We’ve aged our cashew cheeses 2 months so that they have a nice sharpness, and will combine them with our fresh cream cheese to make a nice cheese ball that we roll in toasted pecans and fresh herbs. Served with homemade crackers.
4) Asparagus, Citrus, Sesame, Hollandaise: Blanched asparagus, pomelo, warm hollandaise, and smoked sesame cracker. Eat your vegetables.
5) Carrots and Peas: Shelling peas, fava beans, koji-cured carrots, pea mousse, with harissa spice and sauce. Doused with fresh herbs.
6) Fancy Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes, Black Garlic Truffle Gravy: We make a fantastic herb-crusted ‘meat loaf’ with shiitake mushrooms, black beans, Japanese semi-brown rice, and our own spice blend, and will serve it along side some piping hot mashed potatoes, and our truffled black garlic gravy.
Probably not better than moms, but we’ll try…
7) Dessert by Jaime Podgorny of Fritz Pastry Fame: Jaime is a fantastic vegan pastry chef, and is going to be contributing a dessert for this dinner! She mentioned mini pies, but for the moment, we’re going to leave the dessert TBD. Once she looks at the menu and decides what to make, we’ll post it on here.
That said, whatever she makes will be fantastic.
This 6 course dinner (with complimentary Champagne for mothers) is an all inclusive (no tax, no tip!) $55, and you can make your reservations here.
We hope to see you there, and look forward to providing you with a fantastic evening.