Every Thursday through Sunday at Fancy Plants Cafe, from 6pm – 10pm, we serve fun, seasonally changing dinner options in a more refined setting.
Our concepts and menus will change over time, and will reflect our 10+ years of working in award-winning kitchens to push the boundaries of innovative vegan cuisine.
We’re starting off with a fun ‘small plates’ theme, where dishes are meant to be shared (or not) with friends and family. Please check in, as we will often have nightly specials as well!
That said, here is our current menu. For the sake of simplicity, we made most dishes $9, across the board.
Also, all the small plates can be made gluten free by request, and 2 of the entrees as well:
1) Cauliflower Gratin in a Clay Pot: Chopped Mandarin Supremes, Berber Oil, Herbs.
2) Asparagus: Hollandaise, Citrus, Smoked Sesame Cracker.
3) Roasted Strawberry Gazpacho: Cucumber, Almond, Sherry Vinegar
4) Sunchoke Salad: Roasted Sunchokes, Smoked Apples, Rosemary Oil, Sorrel, Whipped Cashew
5) Arancini di Riso: Fried Risotto Balls willed with Vegan Cashew Mozzarella, served over Rich Tomato Sauce, with Basil and Almond Parmesan
6) Soup of the Day: With housemade GF seeded bread
7) Almond Ricotta Rolled in Herbs: Olive oil, Balsamic Reduction, Basil, Crostini
8) Maitake Mushroom Pate: Served with crostini
Entrees ($16 each)
Spanakopita: Fresh Spinach cooked with onion, garlic, with fistfuls of fresh Parsley and Dill, with our Almond Feta, Baked in sheets of Phyllo.
Penne & Asparagus Alfredo: Alfredo made with White Wine, Garlic, and a Cultured Cashew Cream Sauce, with Penne, Blanched Organic Asparagus, topped with Herbs, and doused with our Housemade Almond Parmesan. (GF option available)
Kelseys Jackfruit ‘Crab Cakes:’ Chicories, Watercress, Salt-Boiled Potatoes, and Old Bay Aioli (GF)
Whole Braised Artichoke: Smoked Lentils, Bulgur, and Chermoula (GF option available)
Fancy Plants Cafe is a BYOB establishment, but we have N/A bottled drinks for purchase.
And always, we will have an assortment of wonderful pastries and desserts for purchase!
For parties of 6 or more, you can make a reservation by calling (773)857-1588.
We look forward to feeding you, and it will be our honor.
-Kevin and FPC team.