- This event has passed.
Vegan Meal Plan/Delivery: Tuesday March 20
March 20, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$75
For this delivery, we’re offering 3 entrees, 2 sides, dessert, a pantry staple, and couple recipes, all for $75. Every week has a gluten free option too! Just make the request when you order.
If you’re interested in Tuesday delivery, let us know by the previous Sunday at 11 pm, and we’ll send you a confirmation email in short time!
We’ll tell you all the details you need to order at the very end of this email, but first, here’s the menu for this week:
1) Braised Artichoke- With smoked lentils, preserved lemon, bulgur, and Moroccan chermoula sauce.
2) Hungarian Sauerkraut Chowder: This is a classic Hungarian dish that utilizes our housemade sauerkraut, as well as our fermented pepper paste. Rich with mushrooms, garlic, bell pepper, onion, potato, caraway, and bay leaf, we’ll serve this chowder with cultured cashew sour cream and homemade spaetzle.
3) Moroccan Vegetable Stew- We’ll make an excellent vegetable stew using carrots, fingerling potatoes, green beans, and other fresh market vegetables in a rich tomato sauce using 6 classic spices, top it off with and serve it with steamed cous cous. Served with harissa peanuts.
4) Cauliflower Skordalia, Tzatziki, and Pita: Skordalia is a chilled Greek garlic and potato spread, but I’ve found adding a little bit of roasted cauliflower to it makes it lighter, creamier, and more elegant. Tzatziki is also a classic Greek spread, which is a mixture of our vegan cashew yoghurt, cucumbers, lemon, and dill. We’ll be serving this with pita, or if you’re gluten free, some of our housemade gluten free seeded bread.
5) Escalivada: Grilled and chilled eggplants, peppers, sweet onions, and endive, topped with an Italian style salsa verde.
6) Tunisian Orange Cake: A rich almond cake that it pierced with a skewer, and has a sweet, and spiced syrup made with cinnamon and fresh orange poured over the top. The slightly sweet, spiced, and tart syrup preserves the cake, so it only gets better with time.
7) Wild Mushroom Pate: A rich and decadent mushroom pate served with homemade seeded bread. (GF)
If you are interested in this delivery,
Please email us at email@example.com and tell us:
1) How many sets you would like to order
2) If you have any special dietary restrictions, and
3) If you would like to pick up your order at Kitchen 17, located at 3132 N. Broadway Ave. in Chicago during usual business hours (3:00 – 10:00) on either Tuesday or Wednesday,
If you are in the north side of Chicago, and are available for our Tuesday delivery between Noon and 3:00 pm, or 6:00 and 9:00 pm., leave your name, address, time, and phone number for delivery.
We will get back to you shortly!
The deadline for ordering is by 11:00 pm Sunday evening.
The entire set with delivery is an even $75, and we hope to feed you soon!