- This event has passed.
Vegan Meal Delivery Service: Tuesday 9/12/17
September 12 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$80
This will be the SECOND WEEK Fancy Plants Catering will be trying a vegan meal delivery service, where we bring you 4 entrees, 2 sides, a pantry staple, and dessert all for $80. We’ll be trying this for a short time, and if it’s a success, perhaps we’ll keep it going… this week we will be serving:
1) Oyakodon- Traditional Japanese ‘chicken and egg’ dish, only we’ll be using confit trumpet mushrooms, tofu and vegan egg scramble, tamari, mirin wine, scallions, and togarashi over rice.
2) Mushroom Sausage Kofta Skewers- With grilled grapes, cilantro sauce, grilled veggies, and orzo.
3) Tamales & Mole- Our yuba (tofu skin) chorizo and cashew cheese filled tamales served with our housemade black mole sauce, avocado salsa verde, cashew sour cream, and served over seasoned black beans.
4) Moroccan Vegetable Stew- We’ll make an excellent vegetable stew using carrots, fingerling potatoes, green beans, and other fresh market vegetables in a rich tomato sauce using 6 classic spices, top it off with and serve it with steamed cous cous. Served with harissa peanuts.
5) Kimpira Salad: A salad a julienned and wok-seared organic carrots and burdock, seasoned with sesame and mirin wine. Addictive!
6) Escalivada: Grilled and chilled eggplants, peppers, sweet onions, and endive, topped with an Italian style salsa verde.
7) Shredded Meltable Cashew Cheddar Cheese (1 pint): Looks eerily like Daiya, but with a great taste. You’ll probably use it up quickly!
8) Chocolate Allspice Mousse with Mint Crema
For this week, a gluten free option will be available as well! Just be sure to specify it in your request.
I’m looking to have deliveries happen between Noon and 4:00, and will likely have the time window more focused once we have done this a few times. Of course, you are welcome to pay us a visit to pick up as well!
We are based near Humboldt Park, and there may be a delivery fee applied depending on how far away you are from us and other delivery points. There is also a limit to how far we will deliver. We’re new to delivery, and will figure out a good system as we evolve.
Any coordination with other people interested in a delivery is highly encouraged, and will benefit you (no fee!), the environment, and us as well, as we prefer to spend more time cooking excellent vegan food and less time stuck in traffic.
If this is a success, we may give someone a great deal if they are willing to deliver, or find an excellent solution.
If you are interested in delivery on Tuesday September 12’th, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us how many sets you might like to order, your location, and a phone number, and we’ll deliver you some great food for the week!
You will need to place your order by noon on Monday September 11’th if you are interested in delivery.
I look forward to feeding you!