- This event has passed.
Classic Greek Banquet, Veganized
March 18, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$36
As summer is drawing near a close, it feels good to use as much fresh food spring produce as the season allows, before we turn our attention to deeper fall and winter flavors.
Greek food represents some of the best use of fresh summer produce, and I’m excited to make a large spread of homemade meze and pita to share!
We’ll follow with a spinach, leek, and almond feta pie for the main course, and finish with a classic pistachio, dried fruit, and orange cake served with whipped cashew.
This meal is an all inclusive (no tax, no tip!) $36, and reservations can be made here.
That said, here’s the menu for the evening:
Meze and Pita
1) Skordalia; the classic potato, garlic, and caper dip from the island of Tinos
2) A smoky grilled and chilled eggplant and parsley spread, also originating in Tinos
3) Tzatziki; the yoghurt, garlic and cucumber dish that was brought to Greece by the turks
4) Dolmades; Marinated grape leaf rolls filled with bulgur, herbs, and lemon.
5) A housemade almond feta, served with fresh heirloom tomato, cucumber, onion and basil.All served with housemade warm pita bread!
Spinach, Leek, and Feta Pie
Also known as ‘Skopelitiki’ from the island of Skopelos, this is a Greek ‘rolled pie’ filled with wilted fresh spinach, melted leeks, and housemade almond feta with a few currants, and plenty of olive oil and herbs.
Pistachio and Dried Fruit Cake with Orange and Whipped Cashew
This cake is traditionally eaten at lent, and is quite rich with figs, apricots, walnuts, spices, brandy, and citrus.
We’ll serve it with some light whipped cashew, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Once again, if you are interested in coming, you can make reservations here.
Thank you, and hope to see you soon!